In turn, it is necessary to take into account how many people live in the house. The capacity of the dishwasher is measured by the amount of cutlery it accepts. For example:
- 6 or less covers. It is recommended for singles or for houses where dishes are washed infrequently.
- From 7 to 11 covers. They are ideal for small families or with little space in the kitchen.
- From 12 to 16 covers. Recommended for large families who use this appliance daily.
How to choose the best dishwasher: design and materials
It is not only important that the appliance can be integrated into the kitchen design, but also the quality of its components. One of the most important characteristics is that the material with which it is made is stainless steel.
How to choose the best dishwasher: type of load
Depending on the size of the space required in the kitchen, you need to consider the size of the appliance. Like, the type of door so that you can open it without problems, load and unload the dishwasher comfortably, as well as the type of load. Most of the models on the market are front-loading, but there are also top-loading appliances.
What is the best dishwasher: automatic programs
Some brands of dishwashers offer special programs that may be attractive depending on the needs of the consumer. But some are more essential than others, such as prewash, quick wash, delicate dishes, economical or ecological, and intensive wash.
These programs allow you to adapt the water consumption and the washing time, according to the degree of soiling of the dishes. In turn, other options can be found in higher-end dishwashers. Among its options: a salt and rinse aid level indicator, automatic water softener system, self-cleaning filters, different levels of sprinklers, and a variety of supports to wash each of the kitchen objects.
How to choose a good dishwasher: energy rating
One of the keys how to choose the best dishwasher from the point of view of savings is by looking at its energy classification. This will help us to have more efficient consumption, which will translate into savings on both water and electricity bills in the medium and long term. Check the rating for these signs: A+, A++, and A+++. The more signs next to the letter, the greater the savings.
Another important fact: the noise level
Dishwashers are often one of the loudest appliances in the house. Manufacturers are required to indicate the decibel level reached by the dishwasher during its washing program. Still, it is not recommended to choose a dishwasher with a level higher than 60 dB.
How to choose a dishwasher: consider the interior
Another tip on how to choose a good dishwasher is to look at the amenities it offers inside to house the dishes comfortably and profitably. What we recommend is:
- Keep in mind that most modern dishwashers include separate trays to protect different utensils, such as a basket for cutlery or sharp utensils. This efficiency in saving space also translates into savings by having to use fewer washes.
- It is advisable to make sure that you have more than one water dispenser since these will provide a more efficient wash. To learn how to save space and order the dishes correctly, we recommend that you read our article on how to load a dishwasher.
Dishwasher: how to use
If you have already bought or decided which dishwasher you are going to buy, we recommend that you read our article on how a dishwasher works, so you can learn to use it correctly.
Dishwasher: advantages and disadvantages
A dishwasher is an essential appliance in many kitchens. Know the advantages of using it:
- Save time: you only have to place what you want to wash and select the desired program for washing.
- Spend less water: water consumption is less than washing by hand.
- It is more hygienic: it effectively eliminates germs, since it washes at high temperatures.
- Dry dishes: once the washing process is finished, the dishes come out dry.
However, the use of a dishwasher also has disadvantages:
- Space in the kitchen: it is necessary to have a large space for the installation of the appliance.
- Special detergent: you need a specific product to adapt to the conditions of the appliance, such as withstanding high temperatures and not making excessive foam.
- Periodic maintenance: like any appliance, the dishwasher needs maintenance, since its misuse could lead to repairs. Also, if you don’t do regular washing frequently, it can cause an unpleasant odor.
You knew all the tips to choose the best dishwasher and if you need some repair, I discovered what to do if your dishwasher does not wash well.